Thursday, 28 Mar 2024, 6:34 PM | Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Showrooms » GFX Show Off » Another Samus lol
Another Samus lol
Benjamin568Date: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 5:25 PM | Message # 1
Full-Timer
Load ...

I attempted to create a Gimp version iof IKy's samus sig using his tutorial.

John 3: 16:
For God loved us so much, he gave his one and only son, and who ever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life.

AtomicFlameDate: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 8:18 PM | Message # 2
Full-Timer
Load ...
I haven't rated a signature in a while because I've been doing other things. But I'm up-ing my standards now. Not only signatures but art in general. This signature is rubbish.

Not the best text placement. The effects make the text look like its disappearing and that's something you don't typically want to do, a better font for the text might appeal more too. The border is disgusting, I don't recommend borders but if you do make one, I recommend making it 1 or 2 pixels from the edge of the signature going inward and having it be a sold color eg. black or something.

Overall, the signature is too overly sharpened, has zero flow, and has no lighting.

Embedded vimeo videos will not play in HD because I don't have a paid account on vimeo. Click on the HD button to view the video in HD on vimeo's site if you so choose to do so.

Message edited by AtomicFlame - Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 8:19 PM

Benjamin568Date: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 8:47 PM | Message # 3
Full-Timer
Load ...
Quote (AtomicFlame)
I haven't rated a signature in a while because I've been doing other things. But I'm up-ing my standards now. Not only signatures but art in general. This signature is rubbish.

Not the best text placement. The effects make the text look like its disappearing and that's something you don't typically want to do, a better font for the text might appeal more too. The border is disgusting, I don't recommend borders but if you do make one, I recommend making it 1 or 2 pixels from the edge of the signature going inward and having it be a sold color eg. black or something.

Overall, the signature is too overly sharpened, has zero flow, and has no lighting.

I don't have the materials I used to have in GIMP because my old computer broke down. I had to get a new one. Besides, this is my first signature in a very long time. I don't mind you telling what is good or bad about my artwork. But just saying it stinks like that I don't really need. And do you really think IKY's signature was much better? Because the majority of others I've shown this to thought it was amazing. Thank you for your comment. But I'm tired of constructive criticizm. You all might think it is a good way to learn but I believe it is a good way to discourage the artist. dry

John 3: 16:
For God loved us so much, he gave his one and only son, and who ever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life.

AtomicFlameDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 2:13 AM | Message # 4
Full-Timer
Load ...
Quote (Benjamin568)
I'm tired of constructive criticizm. You all might think it is a good way to learn but I believe it is a good way to discourage the artist.

As long as you are on this site, that is how you are going to get criticized. We will tell you truthfully how things look and we will tell you how to improve. Just like in school from any teacher, they would tell you if your writing paper was good or bad and they would tell you how to improve it. I'm in college and I'm still getting my papers critiqued.

If I told you that that samus sig was the best signature you've ever made you would start basing your standards on that. Doing similar things to other signatures that you did in this one to receive similar outcomes. Please tell me where else you are going to share your signatures. I want to see some of their comments and possibly some of their signatures.

Don't let it ever get personal. Every artist gets criticized, movies, books, comics, paintings, ect. Time to start getting used to it.

Embedded vimeo videos will not play in HD because I don't have a paid account on vimeo. Click on the HD button to view the video in HD on vimeo's site if you so choose to do so.

Message edited by AtomicFlame - Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 2:13 AM

MandaloreDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 8:41 AM | Message # 5
Buddy
Load ...
My two cents: "If you do not want to receive comments about a signature/picture, do not post it here." This site is to help each other to get better at graphic editing. If you post a bad signature and pple post "It is awesome", you will never get better. Criticism helps you to improve.

The BG is cool, the render is ok. I do not see flow, focal and it is over-sharpened. The text is hard to read.

Forum » Showrooms » GFX Show Off » Another Samus lol
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Group Legend: [Administrator] [Moderator] [Member] [Banned]