Forum » Showrooms » GFX Show Off » just messin around
just messin around
Wenduo2899Date: Saturday, 11 Dec 2010, 7:43 PM | Message # 1
Part-Timer
Load ...

SymBioteDate: Saturday, 11 Dec 2010, 7:51 PM | Message # 2
Part-Timer
Load ...
Urgh... I see a render, a background and some random effects.

There is no order or anythink in this.

Wenduo2899Date: Saturday, 11 Dec 2010, 8:12 PM | Message # 3
Part-Timer
Load ...
yeah i know this is my best sig lol im new too all of this

Benjamin568Date: Sunday, 12 Dec 2010, 6:06 PM | Message # 4
Full-Timer
Load ...
Try to make a background that goes good with the render. On this signature it looks like you just opened a black canvas and put some random effects on it and pasted your render.

John 3: 16:
For God loved us so much, he gave his one and only son, and who ever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life.

Message edited by Despair8889 - Sunday, 12 Dec 2010, 6:08 PM

Wenduo2899Date: Sunday, 12 Dec 2010, 7:16 PM | Message # 5
Part-Timer
Load ...
i used some of the colors in the render to put in the backround but im not sure what you mean,sorry.

Benjamin568Date: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 1:05 PM | Message # 6
Full-Timer
Load ...
I mean it looks like you used a bunch of GIMP filters to create a background.

For God loved us so much, he gave his one and only son, and who ever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life.

Message edited by Despair8889 - Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 1:08 PM

AtomicFlameDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 4:04 PM | Message # 7
Full-Timer
Load ...
Despair quit talking like you understand everything because you have yet to make an "amazing" signature.

To Wenduo, I'm going to break down each part that you need to work on.

Text- Ruins the flow coming out of the center because its on the wrong slant going against the flow. The text is also a different color than everything on the signature so it makes the appeal more less.

Border-Make your border last so all the effects don't get compiled on top of it.

Effects: From what I can see you have some random brushes that are going against the flow and aren't of the same color scheme with the render so that makes the overall appeal again less. Stay away from brushes because right now your not at a level to know what all your tools do.

What else could you do to make this signature better:

Look at tutorials so you can get a sense of what looks good and what doesn't. Despair here may have looked at one or two but hasn't expanded beyond what he likes experimenting with in gimp (poopy lens flares, sparkle brush) so he will remain at his level until he steps up his game. Learn about smudging and blending and when your ready take a leap at lighting and C4Ds. Until then take the time to do every basic tutorial that you see regardless if it looks bad so you can get a feel for what looks good and what doesn't.

To Despair- Don't give any sass about calling you out because 90% of your work is worse than this signature.

Embedded vimeo videos will not play in HD because I don't have a paid account on vimeo. Click on the HD button to view the video in HD on vimeo's site if you so choose to do so.

Message edited by AtomicFlame - Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 4:06 PM

Wenduo2899Date: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 4:31 PM | Message # 8
Part-Timer
Load ...
thanks

SymBioteDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 5:13 PM | Message # 9
Part-Timer
Load ...
The guy just give you an Essay and all you can say is thanks, give the guy a medal.

soulDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 8:33 PM | Message # 10
Part-Timer
Load ...
wenduo if u want some help just look at my tut it is a very easy to follow nub tut and should give u a pretty good outcome if you need any help with it just ask biggrin

EruptionDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 9:33 PM | Message # 11
Part-Timer
Load ...
Lmao Atomic! That cracked a few laughs from me.

Wenduo, if you want a good background, duplicate the render a few times and smudge them all over the canvas. ill help you out a bit

Pick a brush (I perfer to use splatter brush since they give me a more appealing background ) double click it and settings should pop up and set the spacing to 0. Also select apply jitter. (adjust as necessary) Duplicate the render until they cover the canvas. Put your main render on top and click "Merge Down" on all the duplicated renders (You should get 1 layer of the renders) then smudge all of them with your brush. If it doesnt look good because it is too bright or something, try duplicating the background and set it the overlay or something. That always works for me.

Hope this helps!

Message edited by Eruption - Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 9:55 PM

Benjamin568Date: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 10:28 PM | Message # 12
Full-Timer
Load ...
Quote (AtomicFlame)
Despair quit talking like you understand everything because you have yet to make an "amazing" signature.

Firstly, I wasn't at all acting like I understand everything. Second, you are right, I haven't made an "amazing" signature, but yet again, none of you have.

Message edited by Despair8889 - Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 10:39 PM

SymBioteDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 10:32 PM | Message # 13
Part-Timer
Load ...
have you seen my sigs?

Benjamin568Date: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 10:41 PM | Message # 14
Full-Timer
Load ...
And before you get in an argument with me, I'm not saying that what you guys make are not "good", which they are, I'm just saying that they aren't "amazing".

SymBioteDate: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 11:23 PM | Message # 15
Part-Timer
Load ...
"Oh Picky you are hmmmm." -Yoda 2-BBY

Forum » Showrooms » GFX Show Off » just messin around
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Group Legend: [Administrator] [Moderator] [Member] [Banned]